ICC Media Release: Jeff Crowe of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees has rated the Antigua pitch used for the second Test between the Windies and England as “below average” and the venue has received one demerit point according to the ICC Pitch and Outfield Monitoring Process.Mr Crowe cited the uneven bounce at the southern main pavilion end as the reason for the rating in his report, which has been forwarded to Cricket West Indies.
• In the revised ICC Pitch and Outfield Monitoring Process, which was introduced on 4 January 2018, if a pitch or outfield is rated as being substandard, that venue will be allocated a number of demerit points.
• One demerit point will be awarded to venues whose pitches are rated by the match referees as below average, while three and five demerit points will be awarded to venues whose pitches are marked as poor and unfit, respectively.
• No demerit point will be awarded when the outfield is rated as below average, but two and five demerit points will be awarded to venues whose outfields are marked as poor and unfit, respectively.
• Demerit points will remain active for a rolling five-year period.
• When a venue accumulates five demerit points (or crosses that threshold), it will be suspended from hosting any international cricket for a period of 12 months, while a venue will be suspended from staging any international cricket for 24 months when it reaches the threshold of 10 demerit points.
Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
Piss on Racist ICC. cricket is the same as it ever was..racist.
west indies getting killed for years. as soon s west indies start win again, the same old familiar official attack reappears.
no matter what the the bigger nations do they get away with it. west indies win they go look for reasons to attack west indies, punish them and so even out the teams on the field..or weaken west indies significantly enough to get beat on the field
that's one of the 2 main reasons why I left cricket: all the other teams in cricket...India, Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand...Possibly Sri Lanka..I doan know because they are awfully Black too- how can deh hate their own?..all ah dem hate Black west indies, and have conspired in the past to defeat west west indies off the field, if they could not do it on the field.
the next reason why I left cricket is because the west indies itself has evolved a strikingly stinking and nasty comprador cricket officialdom, that has elongated an exploitation over west indies cricket that is nothing but cricket strangulation... and so is, by commission or omission, in league with the ICC and the rest of the cricket world in keeping west indies cricket down
west indies cricket would never have been down this long were not for dogshit W Skameron, west indies cricket president, with his 19 century colonial cricket administration of the west indies itself..
Skameron is nutten but a Cecil Rhodes of cricket..come in for the gold.. who subdues all around him into quiescent silence an' ineptitude, while he plunders the cricket, shuts it down in the process..no one open up deh mout' to say anything contrary or be punished into oblivion..like lil Bravo was..who was only the best batsmen in the west indies..and one of the best in the world
the west indian people shud collar W Skameron and his staff and tie dem up, drag dem around the region in display as the worst type of racist sellouts of thier own, and betrayers there are... and whip them out of the region. send them to cohabit with their type and bedfellows at the ICC