>

Nagamootoo sinned his soul again, proudly admits APNU/AFC is a dictatorship

More
15 Apr 2020 13:04 #381409 by chairman
BY Leslie Ramsammy
Guyanatimesgy.com
I was a Member of Parliament for almost 20 years. I am now in receipt of a parliamentary pension. In calculating my pension, the Parliament Office calculated my period of service and the salaries I earned, and computed the monthly average. When they did so for me or do so for any MP, they only take into consideration the time served.
During the time I served, there were five elections. Each time Parliament was dissolved, I was no longer an MP; and between that dissolution and the time I was re-elected an MP, I received no salary from Parliament. And when my retirement benefits were calculated, this was taken into consideration.
Given that between dissolution of Parliament and when Parliament reconvened there was an average of about four months, and given there were five elections, in computing time served, I lost about one and a half years of service. There was nothing unfair about this. This is the law.
No MP, no minister, serves continuously; in accordance with the law, ministers serve only from the time Parliament commences until the time Parliament is dissolved. There might be some arguments surrounding when the 11th Parliament ended, although those arguments are frivolous; but whatever the arguments, we cannot dispute that Parliament was definitively dissolved on December 3, 2019.
On that day, Guyana no longer had any MP. On that day, Guyana no longer had any Minister. There was no such creature as Prime Minister Moses Nagamootoo. Each time since then that he appeared as Guyana’s Prime Minister, he was acting illegally. The dismissal of Guyana’s Prime Minister was even more final when the elections were held on March 2, 2020. Even in this wild time, in these uncertain times, even as the majority of Guyanese continue the struggle for democracy, laws and the Constitution matter. Both the laws and the Constitution say there is no Cabinet.
Moses Nagamootoo, last Thursday, just one day before Good Friday, the holiest day of the Christian calendar, sinned his soul in declaring that the Cabinet continues to function as normal. For the Cabinet to carry on, it means that Guyana is fully a dictatorship. When Nagamootoo confessed that David Granger and his cabal continue to act as if nothing has happened, he formally announced the Granger-led dictatorship.
In so doing, he announced that Granger and his cabal do not regard the laws and the Constitution, and that they threw the Constitution out of the window a long time ago.
That Nagamootoo continues to squat in the Office of the Prime Minister is a crime. Yes, it is the height of arrogance, but it is criminal also to occupy an office, giving orders and spending taxpayers’ money. Whatever the arguments, we know that Parliament was formally dissolved by an official promulgation that David Granger made in December 2019. Since that time, the Cabinet was also dissolved.
But even if there are legitimate legal arguments that the Ministers continue to function, there can be no further arguments that on March 2, 2020, when more than 450,000 Guyanese voters went to the polling stations to elect a new government, there no longer existed any cabinet.
While, it is true that the President remains in office until his successor is sworn in, that is not true for any minister, including the Prime Minister. We can argue when exactly Moses Nagamootoo lost his job as Prime Minister, but one thing is crystal clear: on March 2, 2020, Nagamootoo and all his ministerial colleagues lost their jobs.
Carrying on as if nothing matters is what dictators do. Essentially, Granger sent Nagamootoo out just before Good Friday to tell the nation and the world that Guyana is a dictatorship. That is what Nagamootoo did on Thursday, April 9, 2020: he openly told the Guyanese people the cabinet continues because those in office are a dictatorship, and elections or no elections, they will carry on. He sinned his soul, again.
In actuality, Nagamootoo and the rest of the Cabinet lost their jobs a long time ago. When the No-Confidence Motion was passed on December 21st, 2018, the Parliament was declared no longer in session. On January 2, 2019, the then Speaker of the House confirmed that fact, the Speaker making clear that the Parliament stood dissolved. That was the last day the Parliament met, conceding that the NCM indeed ended the life of Parliament.
David Granger was obligated to dissolve the Parliament and hold elections by March 21st, 2019. APNU+AFC tried desperately to change that reality by tying up the matter in court using the mathematical nonsense that 33 is not more than 32. That legally tied up the dissolution until the CCJ confirmed the Cabinet was dismissed and the Parliament was dissolved upon the passage of the NCM. The CCJ restarted the time and the time was extended to September 18, 2019. APNU+AFC ignored the new deadline.
Whatever the arguments, no one can dispute that there has been no Cabinet, at least since December 3, 2019.
Thus, since the COVID-19 Task Force is headed by the Prime Minister, and there is no Prime Minister, even in the fight against COVID-19, we have an illegal entity leading the fight. This is utterly unacceptable.

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
cricketwindies.com/forum/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2020 14:33 #381417 by chairman
How long the evil and compromised actors in Gecom think they will get away with their criminal attempt at election fraud.

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.

More
16 Apr 2020 11:37 #381428 by chairman
The Organisation of American States (OAS) has urged the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) to remove partisan process from the national recount process.

In a statement, the OAS Electoral Mission said it remains engaged “to assist the people of Guyana in ensuring that their will prevails and that Guyana’s position as an internationally respected democracy is restored and preserved.”

See below the full statement:

The Chief of the Electoral Observation Mission of the Organization of American States (OAS) to the March 2 General and Regional Elections in Guyana, former Prime Minister of Jamaica, Bruce Golding, remains concerned that, after more than six weeks, an accurate and credible result that would allow a duly elected government to assume office has not been determined.

This is especially regrettable in light of the global health crisis that requires every government to take decisive actions and to be able to command the confidence of its people in order to mobilize them in thwarting the spread of the Coronavirus.

The political crisis in Guyana is not intractable. As the Mission had previously noted – and to the credit of all the stakeholders, especially the voters themselves – the casting and counting of ballots on March 2 was conducted in a peaceful and transparent manner.

All that remained was for the count from each polling station to be accurately tabulated and declared. There is an abundance of evidence that this was not done in the case of Region 4 and this has led to the decision for the ballots in all ten regions to be recounted.

The proposal by the Chief Elections Officer that would have required five months to recount less than 500,000 ballots is unheard of in any democracy and would be unacceptable under any circumstances. The Mission notes that the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) has ordered that a revised timetable be prepared.

The Mission urges GECOM to ensure that the procedures for the recount are transparent and consistent, that the instructions to election officials conducting the recount are unambiguous and based on the provisions of the relevant laws and that the public be fully informed of the methodology to be used.

In particular, the Mission requests GECOM take particular care to ensure that:

the officials to be engaged in the recount are selected based on their impartiality and those who have displayed partisan behavior are excluded;

the duly authorized representatives of political parties and accredited observers are allowed to see (but not handle) each ballot;

the legal provisions for challenging the determination of ballots are fully respected;

an ascertainment is made as to whether the number of ballots cast corresponds with the number of persons recorded as having voted;

the result of the recount for each polling station is compared with the Statement of Poll signed by the Presiding Officer.

The Mission remains engaged to assist the people of Guyana in ensuring that their will prevails and that Guyana’s position as an internationally respected democracy is restored and preserved.

More
17 Apr 2020 13:35 #381447 by chairman
GECOM Chair says no more than 10 counting stations subject to available technology and to Moses Nagamootoo approving the count because of COVID-19. This means we will down another week or two to decide that there is a shortage of technology and because of COVID we cannot have 10 counting tables. Since APNU/AFC was trying desperately last week to say they want the recount I call on Granger to join Bharat Jagdeo and the PPP to say fastest recount strategy is what we want, that COVID is not a reason to not recount rapidly and that technology is not a problem. Let’s do the recount now.

More
19 Apr 2020 11:23 #381458 by chairman
The time for sanction is now. No more waiting. We must start with Granger and Nagamootoo. Let them know the Guyanese people nor the international community will tolerate thieves. Now Nagamootoo has used COVID-19 as part of the rigging cabal’s strategy to thief elections. He told GECOM they must adhere to the curfew. If there are less than 10 stations and they want two hours per box we are looking at more than 2 months for a recount that should take a few days. Plus all observers must be quarantined for 14 days. Which means no one is coming. They are determined no matter what to thief this election.

More
20 Apr 2020 10:32 #381476 by chairman
What does the GECOM Chairperson think she is doing? Does Claudette Singh not realize that she is daily being perceived as part of a PNC clique bent on committing election fraud? The Guyanese people expected a more impartial, unbiased, and objective approach to her job as GECOM Chairperson from a former judge. They also expected decisive, timely, and intelligent decision-making in order to effect a timely conclusion of the Guyana national 2020 general and regional elections. Ms. Singh’s inexplicable behavior/misbehavior has prompted the following questions: Is Ms. Singh performing her duties under duress? Is Ms. Singh experiencing an early onset of senility? In any case, Ms. Singh, has seriously damaged her credibility, and she needs to take swift and decisive action to redeem herself – and she needs to DO IT NOW!

More
20 Apr 2020 15:02 #381503 by chairman
This man lived his whole life fighting against the PNC and their rigging ways but now he turned against his own words for a few pieces of silver. NAGAMOOTOO....you are a disgrace. You will leave nothing behind, no legacy, no mark your whole life has been a lie. You are a shameless piece of shit!

More
23 Apr 2020 14:44 #381589 by chairman
ApnuAfc mud-brains leaders are stretching it out to May 15,2020 to have fat pensions while their hungry supporters have 0.

More
25 Apr 2020 11:52 #381601 by chairman
Ketchim do you know this CLAUDETTE singh

More
26 Apr 2020 09:10 #381606 by chairman
GECOM Has No Interest For Observers to Be Around. As such, GECOM Is Making the Recount Timeline Impractical!

We Need To Report GECOM's Behavior to the Human Rights International Organizations and The UN Etc!

GECOM Will Rig The Recount Again or It Will Cause The Election Results to be Deemed Inconclusive.

We Demand That GECOM Show Us The SOPs.

Please protect Our Rights Before It Is too Late. Report GECOM!

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
JaniyahCenturies for Tagenarine Chanderpaul and Tevin Imlach against Windward Islands in Antigua on day three.

Guyana declared on 224-2; Windwards need 420 runs to win.

Scorecard: https://matchcentre.windiescricket.com/match/13df0ffb-dfc3-4d3a-94bd-17426751e07c/scorecard

#cricnation592 #Guyana #TagenarineChanderpaul #TevinImlach #cricketnews #cricketlovers
(22.03.2024, 17:54)(17:54)0
JaniyahGuyana 436 all out, Permaul 90*,Anderson 87, Sinclair 72, Imlach 55, Chanderpaul 40.Roach 2/52, Jason H. 2/52, Warrican 2/98.(14.03.2024, 18:23)(18:23)0
MadisynThe United States will send a new military aid package for Ukraine worth $300 million, President Joe Biden's administration said on Tuesday, the first such move in months as additional funds for Kyiv remain blocked by Republican leaders in Congress(12.03.2024, 20:23)(20:23)0
ketchimRamadan BEGIND tonight !(10.03.2024, 12:52)(12:52)0
SawyerHeavy gunfire near Haiti's National Palace in Port-au-Prince(09.03.2024, 19:34)(19:34)0
MadisynBiden Signs $460 Billion Spending Package, Averting Government Shutdown(09.03.2024, 18:57)(18:57)0
MadisynGaza ceasefire talks end with no breakthrough as Ramadan deadline looms(05.03.2024, 07:05)(07:05)0
SawyerPutin ally says 'Ukraine is Russia' and historical territory needs to 'come home'(04.03.2024, 18:56)(18:56)0
MadisynJetBlue, Spirit Airlines call off $3.8 bln merger on antitrust hurdle(04.03.2024, 18:50)(18:50)0
ketchim165 not out ~(24.02.2024, 17:38)(17:38)0
ketchim1658 to Kevin Sinclair ~(24.02.2024, 17:38)(17:38)0
ketchimKane Williamson(16.02.2024, 12:22)(12:22)0
ketchimKanw 133 not out !(16.02.2024, 12:21)(12:21)0
CatherineHow Do I Know I’m Not the Only Conscious Being in the Universe?(13.02.2024, 10:33)(10:33)0
CollinI am writing to express my sincere gratitude for the information that you have provided on your website. I have found your site to be an invaluable resource of information, and I have learned a great deal from the articles and resources that you have shared.(11.02.2024, 13:05)(13:05)0
Collinbla... bla... bla...(11.02.2024, 13:05)(13:05)0
Collinthis was Sixes....semis next !(11.02.2024, 13:04)(13:04)0
CollinThe article is really good. I found here looking for a good article because my heart was empty. There are a lot of different articles, so reading them makes me feel a bit empty. Next time I want to read an article about ... please(11.02.2024, 13:04)(13:04)0
CollinThis blog post resonated with me on so many levels. Your personal anecdotes and real-life examples added a relatable touch to the topic. I could feel your passion and expertise shining through every word. I'd love to hear more about your experiences and insights on [related topic]. Thank you for sharing your blog wisdom and inspiring others in the process!(11.02.2024, 13:03)(13:03)0
CollinThis is very fascinating, You are an excessively skilled
blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look ahead to in quest of extra of your magnificent post.
Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks
(11.02.2024, 13:01)(13:01)0
CollinVoucher to najlepsza forma prezentu dla ukochanej osoby. Taki bon podarunkowy, czyli voucher, czy też kartę podarunkową, możemy dać bez stresu ponieważ daje on możliwość wyboru w momencie korzystania, a to dla wielu osób jest najważniejsze. Kup voucher, spraw radość bliskim osobom i nie martw się, że prezent będzie nietrafiony.(11.02.2024, 13:00)(13:00)0
CollinMasaż jest to metoda leczenia znana od wielu lat. Zapraszam do salonu. Kliknij w podany link: drenaż limfatyczny Kielce(11.02.2024, 12:59)(12:59)0
CollinWitam. Piekny blog i opisy. Ja polecam Forum Kosmetyczne(11.02.2024, 12:58)(12:58)0
ketchimthis was Sixes....semis next !(03.02.2024, 16:22)(16:22)0
KennediSo our yute did nt make the semis because of a washout. These global contests should set aside rain days for teh semis and finals.(02.02.2024, 19:44)(19:44)0
CatherineConfirmed by Cricket West Indies that West Indies will play a County XI side in a four-day warm up match at Beckenham in Kent starting 3rd July(31.01.2024, 19:51)(19:51)0
AugustineStep Aside Sir Joffra Archer and Kagiso Rabada..
Shamar Joseph has Arrived !!!
? ? ?
(29.01.2024, 13:43)(13:43)0
ketchimAfter 27 years, a VICTORY !(28.01.2024, 13:48)(13:48)0
ketchimWest Indies brat Australia by 8 runs : Guyana Shamar 7Fer !(28.01.2024, 13:46)(13:46)0
Niko2nd Test, West indies 266/8, Da Silva 79, Hodge 71, A.Joseph 32, Mckenzie 21, Chanderpaul 21, Sinclair 16 not out .(25.01.2024, 08:26)(08:26)0
ketchimexcellent Win : Jewel 64*(24.01.2024, 11:38)(11:38)0
KareemGuyanese fast-bowler Isai Thorne took 4-46 from nine overs as West Indies restricted Scotland to 205-9 from 50 overs at the ongoing ICC Under-19 World Cup in South Africa.

This a must-win match for West Indies after they lost their opening match to the hosts by 31 runs.

(Photo: Cricket West Indies)
(24.01.2024, 10:27)(10:27)0
KareemKevin Sinclair will replace Gudakesh Motie in the second Test match in Australia.

This was confirmed by Captain Kraigg Brathwaite on the eve of the GABA Test.
(24.01.2024, 10:04)(10:04)0
MarthaVirat Kohli withdraws from first two Tests against England citing personal reasons.
BCCI has requested media and fans to respect Virat Kohli's privacy during this time and refrain from speculating on the nature of his personal reasons.
(22.01.2024, 10:57)(10:57)0
AlondraDat Jawbreaker from Joseph reminds me of Marshall !!(19.01.2024, 08:26)(08:26)0
ketchimFirst ball DUCK but was Hazlewood !(18.01.2024, 14:48)(14:48)0
AlondraTage to face(16.01.2024, 19:35)(19:35)0
AlondraStarc has the ball(16.01.2024, 19:29)(19:29)0
AlondraRally(16.01.2024, 19:29)(19:29)0
ketchimAustralia win Toss and chose to field(16.01.2024, 19:19)(19:19)0
ketchim6:30 p.m. EST(16.01.2024, 17:09)(17:09)0
ketchim1st TEST : 6>30 EST....this evening ....Australia time is tomorrow lol(16.01.2024, 17:01)(17:01)0
chairmanWest Indies U19s clapped up New Zealand U19s in the warm up game.

Nathan Sealey, Joshua Dorne and Jewel Andrew the star turns.
(15.01.2024, 07:42)(07:42)0
ketchimMatch Draw but 105 to DaSilva and 99 to Kavem Hodge.....so good warm up match result !...(13.01.2024, 13:15)(13:15)0
ketchim251 - 8(10.01.2024, 12:59)(12:59)0
ketchimMotie and Sinclair not out ~(10.01.2024, 12:56)(12:56)0
ketchimWarm Up match and couple of boys made DUCK 8 down for 232(10.01.2024, 12:55)(12:55)0
ketchimTEST match starts on 16th !(07.01.2024, 13:55)(13:55)0
AlondraRanji Trophy is BACK, another Exciting Season to look forward too. Big Scores, Grand Daddy Centuries, Lots of 6 and 7 Fer .(07.01.2024, 08:11)(08:11)0
ketchimIndia became the first team to lose six wickets without scoring a run in Tests(03.01.2024, 13:55)(13:55)0
Amira
Go to top