>

The West was profoundly wrong about ModiThe West was profoundly wrong about Modi

More
27 Dec 2019 17:16 #377820 by chairman
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is using an iron fist to smash the protests over his latest effort to erode the citizenship rights of Indian Muslims. He, along with many of the state governments that his party controls, have dispatched paramilitary forces to storm Muslim colleges to beat up students, suspended the internet in many cities, and imposed a ban on protests including in Bangalore where police roughed up and arrested one of India's most renowned historians, Ramachandra Guha.

Modi is out of control. Even China's authoritarian rulers have shown more restraint in dealing with the Hong Kong protesters.

It is high time that his admirers in the West — politicians, business leaders, and Hollywood celebrities who fawned over him — admit that they made a profound mistake. They embraced him despite clear warnings that his high-minded talk about turning India into an economic and technological powerhouse masked a sinister Hindu nationalist agenda.

He is not a hero of progress and development but a populist blood-and-soil nativist arguably more dangerous than any in the West.

Let us remember what we once knew but seem to have forgotten: He cut his political teeth in the RSS, the militant wing of his party that is obsessed with avenging historic slights — real and imagined — that Hindus endured under Muslim rule centuries ago. One of its members assassinated Mahatma Gandhi whom some Hindu nationalists regard as a Muslim "appeaser." Modi himself has a long history of anti-Muslim animus. In 1992, he rode a chariot in the Hindu procession that marched to the iconic Babri mosque and razed it. But his feelings morphed into actual bloodletting in 2002 when he was the chief minister of the state of Gujarat. Hindu thugs, some connected with his party, went on a rampage and slaughtered 1,000 Muslim men, women, and children as the state police stood by.

Modi expressed not an iota of remorse or regret for the events in Gujarat when he ran for the prime minister's office in 2012, even comparing the murdered Muslims to "puppies" run over by a careless driver.

Yet after he became prime minister, the world gave him the benefit of the doubt — and the man who had been banned from many Western countries, including America, because of his role in the Gujarat pogrom became an international sensation.

A campaign-style extravaganza that Modi held in Madison Square Garden to celebrate his victory was attended not only by 18,000 gushing Indian Americans but also 40 U.S congressmen. Hugh Jackman introduced him, applauding heartily when Modi recited Sanskrit shlokas or verses calling for world peace, totally oblivious to the irony.

Even President Obama went beyond ordinary diplomatic protocol in welcoming Modi during that visit. He hosted a White House dinner for Modi and invited him to stroll to the Martin Luther King memorial with him. A year later, when Obama went with first lady Michelle to India for a state visit, he commended Modi's "legendary work ethic" and his fashion sense, even joking about wearing a kurta shirt to imitate Modi's sartorial style.

The silencing effect that Obama's chumminess had on Modi's critics cannot be overstated. If the first black American president who fully understood the struggle for minority rights could endorse Modi, then Modi-naysayers were just paranoid hysterics whose hatred was blinding them to his manifold virtues.

President Trump, who isn't shy about hobnobbing with odious leaders, has unsurprisingly taken things to a whole new level in a naked bid for the Indian American vote. He warmed up the crowd for Modi, calling him "his friend" and "a great man and a great leader," at the #HowdyModi rally held in Houston to celebrate Modi's re-election this summer. A whole throng of Texas leaders from both parties, including Republican Sen. Ted Cruz and Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson, stood behind Modi on stage like a hallelujah chorus.

But even more disheartening has been the reaction of U.S. industry leaders. Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg got the ball rolling five years ago when he enthusiastically served up Modi agitprop, holding a townhall event for him at his company's headquarters. Zuckerberg asked Modi such pointed questions as how much he loved his mother and how he planned to use his mastery of social media to transform India. Two weeks after this lovefest, India experienced the first in what was to become an epidemic of beef lynchings under Modi. Hindu cow vigilantes stormed a Muslim family's home in Dadri, a village not far from Modi's home in New Delhi, and pulled the old patriarch from his bed and bludgeoned him to death. Modi the transformative leader's response? Utter silence for days.

But Zuckerberg is unfazed. He reiterated during Modi's #HowdyModi visit that he "deeply appreciates PM Modi's commitment to Digital India." This was one month after Modi shutdown the internet in Kashmir and imposed central rule on this Muslim-dominated state, arresting its leaders and scrapping its constitutionally-guaranteed autonomy. That shutdown is now in its fourth month, earning Modi, the vaunted digital leader, the great distinction of engineering the longest internet shutdown in a democracy ever.

But that still hasn't deterred Zuckerberg's fellow I.T. luminaries from piling their own encomiums on Modi.

Microsoft founder Bill Gates this September bestowed his foundation's prestigious "Global Goalkeeper Award" on Modi for his "Swaatch (Clean) India" campaign and expanding access to toilets in the country. This elicited howls of protest from human rights groups. Muslim artists Riz Ahmed and Jameela Jamil pulled out of the awards ceremony. But Gates defended the award, calling Modi "brave" for tackling the issue of toilets.

Then there is Bridgewater Associates co-founder Ray Dalio, who opined last month after India's economic growth hit a 10-year low and unemployment a 45-year high that "Prime Minister Modi is one of the best, if not the best, leaders in the world." And Qualcomm Chairman Paul Jacobs proclaimed that Modi's leadership is "really moving in the right direction." And Unilever CEO Paul Polman declared that he was "very confident about the Modi government."

The effect that such endorsements have in emboldening Modi and undermining the internal points of resistance to him is incalculable. Try criticizing Modi to his supporters, and they’ll instantly throw all his international awards and accolades in your face. But whatever the excuse of these leaders for issuing such deluded statements in the past, there can't be any now that Modi is taking the gloves off. He has demonstrated that fanatics may change their tune but they don't change their minds.

The least these leaders can do now is condemn Modi's campaign of persecution. It has been painful for many of us who believe in India's pluralism and democracy to watch Modi transform himself from an international pariah to an international star with the help of Western elites. He may be unstoppable at this stage and who knows how far he is prepared to go to advance his Hindu nationalist project. But he is also a profoundly vain man, a publicity hound who craves international attention and respectability. So their condemnation now may well make a difference.

The protesters in India are putting their lives on the line to stick up for their constitution and their fellow minorities. It is their fight and they are fighting it. But it is not too much to ask that his "useful idiots" in the West acknowledge their mistake.
theweek.com

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
cricketwindies.com/forum/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mapoui
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Dec 2019 00:59 - 28 Dec 2019 08:54 #377827 by mapoui
the Indian people elected Modi just like that..as if he was a good thing...even now the Indian electorate do not appear to be bothered by what Modi is doing as leader of India.

the world got lucky that Modi has not triggered a war with Pakistan. but now that he has lost control of himself look out. he is moving like an elephant trampling the wilderness, and very fast making up for lost time. Modi may just bring a nuclear war onto the Indian people..and all Indians will die

Modi will take out Pakistan for his troubles, and maybe attack China too. not that it matters but Pak and India have enough I am sure, to destroy each other a few times over. and I am sure Modi has enuff to attack China too..and will do so under Zionist 'spouncing'. the west-the americans..i.e is the Jews.. have Modi's number. they are past masters at sus'ing out the minds of those they want to control and developing programs to tap into them. their perfect scenario is for Modi to attack China. and if they can get Modi to do that all the better fuh dem. "is India do it..not we!" so theoretically no nuclear bombs would be flying their way to Israel in retaliation.

but one never knows! the Chinese know who is doing it behind the scenes..so if they get attacked by India with nuclear bombs, it is more than likely they will hit Israel directly in retaliation

but that's Modi! I don't know what the Indian people expected when they elected him and Janata. but then that is the way the Indian people are too..superior, exceptional..the best people in the world. Maybe they felt it was time India began to throw its weight around..that India is big and powerful enough to impose on others. and Modi was the right the man to do that

but look a India: enemies with it neighbors on both sides of its borders. and not only that..you have hundreds of millions of Muslims living in your country whom you hate like shit and wish to kill them all. you have enemies around and inside that you have made yourself and you refuse to defuse that situation by the ways it can be defused...discussion, negotiations, give and take, cooperation on developing prosperity etc

how in the hell can a nation live like India does..deadly enemies on both sides..on your doorstep, inside your body.. with huge powerful weapons like you do? you cant escape because the sides hate you as much as you hate them, and surely have made certain that they will blow you too, to kingdom come, if anything like war heats up?

and to make it worse India plays deeply, comprehensively, with the enemies of Islam and China, and Russia too..the USA/Israel. and for sure USA/Israel uses India to destabilize that region, to attack Islam and China, to make life as difficult as possible for those peoples.

that is how USA/Israel are. they don't play with other nations in friendship and appreciation. they take no prisoners..unless they want to build privatized jails, fill them up with prisoners to strip their labor for free. if they are with you, supposed to be your ally they are not really. they never are faithful to anyone or nation. if they are with you they want something from you that is important to them, and are always busy working at you to strip it away from you. they never stop..and they don't care what it costs you, as long as they get what they want

India is the side in that boiling sub-continental pot that does not look for solutions..only for confrontation. I saw that China tried..and Imran is cool, calm and collected Imran refuses to be driven into silly reaction by anything Modi does... short of declaring war.. in which case Pakistan defends itself I expect.

Modi is the perfect type of extremist the americans/zionists love to use to do crazy things in the world..like the Saudis. the luck of the world may be running out with Modi on the loose as we speak
Last edit: 28 Dec 2019 08:54 by mapoui.

• mapoui
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Dec 2019 09:30 #377838 by mapoui
Another mad, absolute liar, war mongering leader, hiding behind the promoted idea that he wants to end america's wars. he does not! he gives the Zionists ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THEY WANT..AND THEY ARE WAR MONGERS OF WAR MONGERS!

alethonews.com/2019/12/27/trump-stuck-be...-hawkish-megadonors/

• mapoui
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Dec 2019 09:46 - 28 Dec 2019 09:47 #377839 by mapoui
why is it that the Jews get all the want and more from Trump and they are behind the moves to impeach him..have been terrorizing his presidency for almost 4 years now..from the start of Trump?

because they are playing a game with us to ensure Trump gets re-elected. without all this noise Trump would be in trouble for all he has given the Jews. he has given them America totally, free sheet..lock, stock and barrel..and the american people would be up in arms. but they are not because Trump is supposed to be for the little man and he wants to end wars although he has ended none at all in 4 years

Trump is not anti war at all, and does not want to end any american war. he is only farting around with talk as he has just passed the greatest military budget in history. and how can you be for the poor ordinary man when you give the corporations all they could possibly want and more.

to re-elect Trump to keep the gravy train rolling they had to create a means to harvest all the popular sympathy for Trump to Trump it into votes next November 4. and that is what they have done accusing Trump of Russian collusion and now impeachment..for which there is no evidence. at the end of the day the 'Demorats 'will prove to have been willful and and nasty to Trump, attacking him with no evidence. Trump will win again and the 'Demorats' will sink into political futility

but the people who are doing this control totally American politics and all the parties. every politician must do as they are told..even commit political hari kari if ordered to do so: hence the 'Demorat' political suicide. Trump is the Zionists man and they want him in office period. look out for a coup at the end of the next 4 years making Trump permanent. problem is Trump is old and and may not last. still there may be a coup finally in the USA with some younger devil enthroned to terrorize americans for the next 40 years or so
Last edit: 28 Dec 2019 09:47 by mapoui.

• mapoui
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Dec 2019 16:05 #377856 by mapoui
More absolute war mongering nonsense and utter delusional stupidity from Donald Trump..just about the most disgusting president america has ever had

alethonews.com/2019/12/27/washingtons-un...s-europe-and-russia/

More
29 Dec 2019 12:14 - 29 Dec 2019 12:14 #377870 by ketchim
sssshhhhhh : doan tell Kwami and Goog Lee :whistle:
Last edit: 29 Dec 2019 12:14 by ketchim.

More
29 Dec 2019 12:23 - 29 Dec 2019 12:31 #377871 by ketchim
Mother ? whatever became of Modi's wife ???? :huh:

In 1992, Jashodaben refused to be interviewed by the newspaper Abhiyan when that publication presented a story on the marriage of her and Modi.
In 2009, a reporter for Open found Jashodaben in her village and asked her some questions.
Last edit: 29 Dec 2019 12:31 by ketchim.

More
29 Dec 2019 12:30 #377872 by ketchim
www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/w...for-almost-50-years/

Why did Narendra Modi keep his wife secret for almost 50 years ?

ketchim possible answer : because he is homosexual ????? :whistle:

More
29 Dec 2019 12:39 #377873 by ketchim
"I am single, who will I be corrupt for?" he lied to a campaign rally in February.

He had previously told his own biographer that he enjoyed "loneliness." :woohoo:

More
29 Dec 2019 12:40 #377874 by ketchim
Chair, please edit your duplicated thread Title ....thx

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
ketchimEid Mubarak !(10.04.2024, 08:58)(08:58)0
ketchimGuyana Win the U-15 with Adrian Hetmeyer !(04.04.2024, 13:28)(13:28)0
ketchimU-15 Guyana Hetmeyer doing great !(01.04.2024, 22:35)(22:35)0
JaniyahCenturies for Tagenarine Chanderpaul and Tevin Imlach against Windward Islands in Antigua on day three.

Guyana declared on 224-2; Windwards need 420 runs to win.

Scorecard: https://matchcentre.windiescricket.com/match/13df0ffb-dfc3-4d3a-94bd-17426751e07c/scorecard

#cricnation592 #Guyana #TagenarineChanderpaul #TevinImlach #cricketnews #cricketlovers
(22.03.2024, 17:54)(17:54)0
JaniyahGuyana 436 all out, Permaul 90*,Anderson 87, Sinclair 72, Imlach 55, Chanderpaul 40.Roach 2/52, Jason H. 2/52, Warrican 2/98.(14.03.2024, 18:23)(18:23)0
MadisynThe United States will send a new military aid package for Ukraine worth $300 million, President Joe Biden's administration said on Tuesday, the first such move in months as additional funds for Kyiv remain blocked by Republican leaders in Congress(12.03.2024, 20:23)(20:23)0
ketchimRamadan BEGIND tonight !(10.03.2024, 12:52)(12:52)0
SawyerHeavy gunfire near Haiti's National Palace in Port-au-Prince(09.03.2024, 19:34)(19:34)0
MadisynBiden Signs $460 Billion Spending Package, Averting Government Shutdown(09.03.2024, 18:57)(18:57)0
MadisynGaza ceasefire talks end with no breakthrough as Ramadan deadline looms(05.03.2024, 07:05)(07:05)0
SawyerPutin ally says 'Ukraine is Russia' and historical territory needs to 'come home'(04.03.2024, 18:56)(18:56)0
MadisynJetBlue, Spirit Airlines call off $3.8 bln merger on antitrust hurdle(04.03.2024, 18:50)(18:50)0
ketchim165 not out ~(24.02.2024, 17:38)(17:38)0
ketchim1658 to Kevin Sinclair ~(24.02.2024, 17:38)(17:38)0
ketchimKane Williamson(16.02.2024, 12:22)(12:22)0
ketchimKanw 133 not out !(16.02.2024, 12:21)(12:21)0
CatherineHow Do I Know I’m Not the Only Conscious Being in the Universe?(13.02.2024, 10:33)(10:33)0
CollinI am writing to express my sincere gratitude for the information that you have provided on your website. I have found your site to be an invaluable resource of information, and I have learned a great deal from the articles and resources that you have shared.(11.02.2024, 13:05)(13:05)0
Collinbla... bla... bla...(11.02.2024, 13:05)(13:05)0
Collinthis was Sixes....semis next !(11.02.2024, 13:04)(13:04)0
CollinThe article is really good. I found here looking for a good article because my heart was empty. There are a lot of different articles, so reading them makes me feel a bit empty. Next time I want to read an article about ... please(11.02.2024, 13:04)(13:04)0
CollinThis blog post resonated with me on so many levels. Your personal anecdotes and real-life examples added a relatable touch to the topic. I could feel your passion and expertise shining through every word. I'd love to hear more about your experiences and insights on [related topic]. Thank you for sharing your blog wisdom and inspiring others in the process!(11.02.2024, 13:03)(13:03)0
CollinThis is very fascinating, You are an excessively skilled
blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look ahead to in quest of extra of your magnificent post.
Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks
(11.02.2024, 13:01)(13:01)0
CollinVoucher to najlepsza forma prezentu dla ukochanej osoby. Taki bon podarunkowy, czyli voucher, czy też kartę podarunkową, możemy dać bez stresu ponieważ daje on możliwość wyboru w momencie korzystania, a to dla wielu osób jest najważniejsze. Kup voucher, spraw radość bliskim osobom i nie martw się, że prezent będzie nietrafiony.(11.02.2024, 13:00)(13:00)0
CollinMasaż jest to metoda leczenia znana od wielu lat. Zapraszam do salonu. Kliknij w podany link: drenaż limfatyczny Kielce(11.02.2024, 12:59)(12:59)0
CollinWitam. Piekny blog i opisy. Ja polecam Forum Kosmetyczne(11.02.2024, 12:58)(12:58)0
ketchimthis was Sixes....semis next !(03.02.2024, 16:22)(16:22)0
KennediSo our yute did nt make the semis because of a washout. These global contests should set aside rain days for teh semis and finals.(02.02.2024, 19:44)(19:44)0
CatherineConfirmed by Cricket West Indies that West Indies will play a County XI side in a four-day warm up match at Beckenham in Kent starting 3rd July(31.01.2024, 19:51)(19:51)0
AugustineStep Aside Sir Joffra Archer and Kagiso Rabada..
Shamar Joseph has Arrived !!!
? ? ?
(29.01.2024, 13:43)(13:43)0
ketchimAfter 27 years, a VICTORY !(28.01.2024, 13:48)(13:48)0
ketchimWest Indies brat Australia by 8 runs : Guyana Shamar 7Fer !(28.01.2024, 13:46)(13:46)0
Niko2nd Test, West indies 266/8, Da Silva 79, Hodge 71, A.Joseph 32, Mckenzie 21, Chanderpaul 21, Sinclair 16 not out .(25.01.2024, 08:26)(08:26)0
ketchimexcellent Win : Jewel 64*(24.01.2024, 11:38)(11:38)0
KareemGuyanese fast-bowler Isai Thorne took 4-46 from nine overs as West Indies restricted Scotland to 205-9 from 50 overs at the ongoing ICC Under-19 World Cup in South Africa.

This a must-win match for West Indies after they lost their opening match to the hosts by 31 runs.

(Photo: Cricket West Indies)
(24.01.2024, 10:27)(10:27)0
KareemKevin Sinclair will replace Gudakesh Motie in the second Test match in Australia.

This was confirmed by Captain Kraigg Brathwaite on the eve of the GABA Test.
(24.01.2024, 10:04)(10:04)0
MarthaVirat Kohli withdraws from first two Tests against England citing personal reasons.
BCCI has requested media and fans to respect Virat Kohli's privacy during this time and refrain from speculating on the nature of his personal reasons.
(22.01.2024, 10:57)(10:57)0
AlondraDat Jawbreaker from Joseph reminds me of Marshall !!(19.01.2024, 08:26)(08:26)0
ketchimFirst ball DUCK but was Hazlewood !(18.01.2024, 14:48)(14:48)0
AlondraTage to face(16.01.2024, 19:35)(19:35)0
AlondraStarc has the ball(16.01.2024, 19:29)(19:29)0
AlondraRally(16.01.2024, 19:29)(19:29)0
ketchimAustralia win Toss and chose to field(16.01.2024, 19:19)(19:19)0
ketchim6:30 p.m. EST(16.01.2024, 17:09)(17:09)0
ketchim1st TEST : 6>30 EST....this evening ....Australia time is tomorrow lol(16.01.2024, 17:01)(17:01)0
chairmanWest Indies U19s clapped up New Zealand U19s in the warm up game.

Nathan Sealey, Joshua Dorne and Jewel Andrew the star turns.
(15.01.2024, 07:42)(07:42)0
ketchimMatch Draw but 105 to DaSilva and 99 to Kavem Hodge.....so good warm up match result !...(13.01.2024, 13:15)(13:15)0
ketchim251 - 8(10.01.2024, 12:59)(12:59)0
ketchimMotie and Sinclair not out ~(10.01.2024, 12:56)(12:56)0
ketchimWarm Up match and couple of boys made DUCK 8 down for 232(10.01.2024, 12:55)(12:55)0
Andres
Go to top