>

West Indies Cricket
Join Today

A New Genetic - Human Bean Band!

More
11 May 2019 18:10 - 11 May 2019 20:49 #371492 by mapoui
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Keys

I grew up in the middle of everything. I walked the streets alone, I rode the trains alone, I came home at three in the morning alone, that was what I did." "The city had a huge influence on me because it's such a diverse place. As hard as [growing up in it was], I always felt very blessed about being able to recognize different cultures and styles, people and places. I feel like the concrete alone just gave me a certain drive. I really saw everything: every negative I could possibly see from the time I could walk until now; and also every positive, every bright future, every dream that I could possibly see. So growing up around this big dichotomy definitely influenced my music.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Keyshttps:/...ia-Keys-Pregnant.jpg

Last edit: 11 May 2019 20:49 by mapoui.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2019 18:14 #371493 by mapoui

More
11 May 2019 18:17 - 11 May 2019 18:22 #371494 by mapoui
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swizz_Beatz

1978–2006: Early life and career beginnings

Dean was born to a mixed-race mother of Afro-Jamaican, Puerto Rican, and Irish ancestry. Due to his parents' separation in his early life, Dean did not see much of his father.[12] He spent much of his childhood raised by his mother in the North East Bronx, where he first encountered hip hop. After obtaining the necessary equipment from his stepfather and uncles, he began deejaying as a teenager and enjoyed a modicum of success. After relocating to Atlanta, Georgia, due to his repeated involvement in violent behavior at Harry S. Truman High School, he started to work for his uncles, Joaquin (Waah) and Darrin (Dee) Dean, who were co-CEOs of the Ruff Ryders Entertainment record label. In his early work, he generally chose not to sample, instead using the Korg Trinity and Triton keyboards and seeking to accentuate the performance aspect of his music.

With his uncles Waah & Dee, as well as his aunt Chivon Dean, all involved with the Ruff Ryders record label, Swizz Beatz began to produce tracks at age 16. A year later he sold his first beat to Ruff Ryders artist DMX, which became his chart-topping single "Ruff Ryders' Anthem". Dean then began producing major hip-hop songs released in 1998 such as "Banned from T.V." by Noreaga, "Money, Cash, Hoes" by Jay-Z and more. The following year, he produced most of the songs of the Ruff Ryders compilation album Ryde or Die Vol. 1, as well as the bulk of Eve's debut album. In 2001, in a joint venture with Clive Davis, Swizz Beatz established his own record label, Full Surface Records, which became a subsidiary of J Records.[13] The first artist signed was Philadelphia-based rapper Cassidy.

When Dean released his first compilation album Swizz Beatz Presents G.H.E.T.T.O. Stories, in 2002, he began to get noticed for his production style and interesting ideas, as well as his protege and artist, Cassidy, who also started to gain recognition for his ability as well. The same year, Dean released two singles, "Guilty" and "Bigger Business", both of which charted on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.[14] Along with often being associated with Ruff Ryders and Roc-A-Fella Records, Dean began to expand his scope to include production of artists from more mainstream labels such as Elektra, Atlantic, Epic, Def Jam and Bad Boy Entertainment. His career largely grew from that point.

duckduckgo.com/?q=swiss+beatz&t=ffnt&atb...iax=images&ia=images
Last edit: 11 May 2019 18:22 by mapoui.

More
11 May 2019 18:24 #371495 by mapoui

More
11 May 2019 18:28 #371496 by mapoui

More
11 May 2019 18:29 #371497 by mapoui

More
11 May 2019 18:31 #371498 by mapoui

More
11 May 2019 18:32 #371499 by mapoui

More
11 May 2019 20:35 - 11 May 2019 20:39 #371502 by mapoui

Early life and education

Amerie Mi Marie Rogers was born to a South Korean mother, artist Mi Suk[7] and African American father, Charles.[8][9] A few months after she was born, the Rogers family moved to South Korea, where Amerie lived for three years. Her father, Charles, was a chief warrant officer in the U.S. military,[8] so the family lived in many different places, including Alaska, Texas, Virginia and Germany. She has a younger sister, Angela,[10] who is now her lawyer.

Amerie has described her parents as conservative, protective, traditional Christians. Growing up, she and her sister were forbidden to leave the house or use the phone on school days. The singer enrolled at Georgetown University to study literature, and was in Navy ROTC: "My dad didn't force me into it or anything. I joined so I could afford an education." She quit ROTC after her sophomore year and graduated with a B.A. in English and a Fine Arts minor in design.[11]

While studying at Georgetown, Amerie befriended a Washington, D.C. club promoter who eventually put her in touch with producer Rich Harrison.[12] During an interview with Maxim, Amerie said she agreed to meet up with Harrison at a public location because she did not know Harrison so she chose a well placed McDonald's parking lot, Harrison played his tracks and Amerie sang along and instantly they knew it was something special.[13]

Harrison, who had just worked on Mary J. Blige's albums Mary and No More Drama, began recording and developing demos with Amerie. This led to her first record deal with Columbia Records.[12] According to Amerie, she and Harrison immediately hit it off. In a 2002 interview, she said: "For some reason we had a very special chemistry. When we would work together something great would happen."[14]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerie
Last edit: 11 May 2019 20:39 by mapoui.

More
11 May 2019 20:43 #371503 by mapoui

More
11 May 2019 20:46 #371504 by mapoui

More
11 May 2019 20:48 #371505 by mapoui

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
Go to top