More
01 Apr 2019 12:31 #370567 by chairman
news
Labour shortage cripple T&T farms
Foreign volunteers work for free in Moruga

by
Yesterday
Sat Mar 30 2019

Labour short­ages have crip­pled many farms across T&T but in one farm in the sleepy vil­lage of Moru­ga, dozens of vol­un­teers from around the world are com­ing to work for free.

In re­turn, they get to ex­pe­ri­ence the Tri­ni life which many of us take for grant­ed.

The for­eign­ers come from 120 coun­tries across the world in­clud­ing the Unit­ed States, Cana­da, Eng­land, Ire­land, Scot­land, France, Greece, Ger­many, Aus­tria, and New Zealand. They get free food and lodg­ing at One Fam­i­ly Farms, owned by Giselle Granger, at La Lune Vil­lage, near the south­ern coast. The salty sea breeze smell wafts across the farm where cab­bages, mint, pump­kins, patchoi, bread­fruit, let­tuce, chive, toma­toes, pep­pers, me­l­on­gene, and corn grow.

Dur­ing an ex­clu­sive in­ter­view with Guardian Me­dia on Fri­day, Granger said she opened her doors to the world in 2014 when she signed up as a host with the Will­ing Work­ers on Or­gan­ic Farms (WWOOF) pro­gramme.
bit.ly/2ODRNkb

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
cricketwindies.com/forum/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2019 14:18 #370568 by mapoui
incredible...in Trinidad it have wuk dat nobody want. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

when I was growing up it had fifty man fuh every wuk going..now it have too much. this is too much yes. oh guuuude! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :S :S

More
04 Apr 2019 12:42 #370669 by ketchim
bro, Trickies don't wanna do FARM wukk anymore !

dem just wann Carnival wukk : steel pan making , costumes sewing

"theme" planning on Trucks .....and filling Mas camps !

More
04 Apr 2019 13:19 #370673 by mapoui
well de ansah fuh workers is Haiti...bring in dem French and dem. deh poor likr dirt and lookin opportunity

More
04 Apr 2019 13:20 #370674 by mapoui
weh captain? he not doing nutten but run him mout' here. he cud go deh and ketch some wuk an' a lil piece ah change

More
04 Apr 2019 13:23 #370678 by ketchim
Cappo seh him done with cutting cane since him lann in Amrica !

More
04 Apr 2019 13:31 #370681 by mapoui
bettah dan pik apple in summer and freeze his rarse off in wintah :silly: :silly: :silly:

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
Go to top