A tenant who lives in the same yard with the man told this publication that she was inside her house when she saw smoke and smelt something burning.
She said that upon investigating, she found that it was a tarpaulin which she uses to prevent the sun from coming into her house that appeared to be on fire.
It was then that she realised that the house next door to hers was on fire. She said too that she was aware that the neighbour whose house was on fire, was at home at the time. However, at that point, she did not know whether the neighbour’s wife and children were at home.
Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.