>

West Indies Cricket
Join Today

Rampaul made the difference in the end: Kohli

More
17 Apr 2013 12:07 #130869 by chairman
Bangalore: Royal Challengers Bangalore captain Virat Kohli has said that the West Indies all-rounder Ravi Rampaul made all the difference in their nail-biting win over Delhi Daredevils in the Super Over here.

"When we were buying players this year, I specially told the team management that I want Ravi (Rampaul) in the side because he can be deadly with the bat. And if we didn`t have that six (he had hit in the last over), we would have lost the game. He made the difference in the end," Kohli told reporters at the post-match press conference.

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
cricketwindies.com/forum/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2013 12:14 #130873 by The Captain
dats crap

More
17 Apr 2013 12:30 #130877 by ketchim
Thats FACT !

More
17 Apr 2013 12:35 #130878 by The Captain
is it

then why he did not command a bigger pay than Sammy who is still to play in the Sun

• Mail
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2013 12:38 #130881 by Mail
Ravi bowled a good spell and his 6 off the first ball of the last over made it possible but to completely miss the 5th was silly.

However Kholi is correct in my view.

• buroo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Apr 2013 20:59 #131125 by buroo
Rampaul is now making a real impact in this RCB side and that too in just two matches. He is probably their beacon in a rather lean and inconsistent bowling attack. Moreover he is bailing them out with the bat as well, as we saw in the last game. What more you can expect from an overseas pro? I guess if RCB makes it to the semis then they will need the service of Rampaul and Gayle even more to wriggle them out of tight situations. It will augur well for Rampaul also and next time more teams will be out to catch him with a big fat paycheck, much fatter than the current one!

More
19 Apr 2013 01:52 #131134 by Kyle
Yeah, Ravi did well IMO. Especially with the ball and in the end with the bat, obviously. Before the season, I didn't think he'd get to bowl, but good to see him play and perform under pressure.

And surprising how well he's improved over time too - used to be fairly crap when I initially saw him in all formats.

• Mail
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Apr 2013 06:14 #131137 by Mail
Important thing Kyle was he looked up for the Super over. He started well but lost it a bit when Pathan came in, bowling back of  a length and got punished.

Lucky to have that full toss hit straight to square leg but he stayed focus.

He is a good death bowler but he needs to sustain the Yorkers.

Well done to Ravi.

More
19 Apr 2013 13:55 #131223 by Kyle

Important thing Kyle was he looked up for the Super over. He started well but lost it a bit when Pathan came in, bowling back of  a length and got punished.

Lucky to have that full toss hit straight to square leg but he stayed focus.

He is a good death bowler but he needs to sustain the Yorkers.

Well done to Ravi.

Yeah fully agree. That said, always full tosses in super overs/death>>length. Look what happened to Umesh Yadav - length ball and got his arse whopped. Ideally you'd obviously want to hit the yorker length every time, but sometimes you'd obviously end up bowling full tosses. I was sort of afraid of him overcompensating for that full toss, but thankfully did well.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds
Go to top