>

Here is A Story Fuh Allyuh. Trace it With Me!

• mapoui
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2016 09:51 #302886 by mapoui

Did anyone know that the late, great, Minnie [Riperton] was married to a “white” man until she died (crazy to think back and realize how young she was at her passing– only 31 at the time)?  Yep!  The very NATURAL looking (more props for the “Natural Hair Movement”) Minnie married a white man!  And from the footage I saw– they really did appear to be happy and DEEPLY in love!  Happier than the average– dare I say!  So first and foremost, this is yet another kudos for allowing love to land on your soul mates– no matter the colour!  I’m just a suka fa love baby… what can I say??

Not only did she marry a white man (and he lovingly married her too) but they wrote that very famous hit; “Lovin You” way before she became a household name!  He was simply strumming on his guitar one day and she starting singing along and the rest is musical history!  Here’s a snap of her and her husband, Richard Rudolph…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mapoui
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2016 09:54 #302887 by mapoui

Report to moderator  Logged
Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.

exactly Chairman.  we ought not waste such opportunity :D :D :D

More
01 May 2016 10:00 #302888 by chairman
you right

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
cricketwindies.com/forum/

More
01 May 2016 11:47 #302896 by ketchim
His grandfather, Julius, changed his surname from "Rudashevsky" to "Rudolph,"

and was one of the founding members of Congregation Beth Shalom.

• mapoui
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2016 12:11 #302899 by mapoui
only the people involved here I care about...2 people who clearly were genuinely in love with each other..love that transcended all their differences.

they were happy and had fine children..who have made lives of their own that are good too

so where we had 2 we now have many...all in good show

More
01 May 2016 12:22 #302900 by ketchim
She marrid a Jew but probably did not know

he Granfadda change dem name ...

• mapoui
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 May 2016 09:24 #302952 by mapoui

She marrid a Jew but probably did not know

he Granfadda change dem name ...

why did he change name if he remained Jewish..so much so that he founded a synagogue ::confused::

was he some sort of criminal and was hiding something ::confused::

if so what he starting synagogue out in the open for ::confused::  everybody could see where he was...who he was!

the name change seems to be for the simple reason of utility.  but one never knows.

the 2 people in question here appears to have been utterly right. that was clear by sight.  lucky people not to much so.  a few years can be a life time.  in this case it would have to do.

I was always happy I knew this story.  I have known it for more than forty years!

More
02 Sep 2016 12:59 #319603 by chairman
found this

More
06 Sep 2016 10:53 #319849 by chairman

More
06 Sep 2016 10:59 #319851 by chairman

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds
Go to top