>

La Grange residents optimistic about proposed location for new bridge

More
06 Oct 2020 12:11 #385174 by alex
The idea of a new Demerara Harbour Bridge has residents of La Grange, West Bank Demerara, thrilled about the development and the positive impact expected especially that of less traffic. The bridge is to start at Nandy Park on the East Bank and terminate at La Grange on the West Bank of Demerara. Stabroek News recently spoke with residents of the community and for some, there are more questions than answers.

“The first thing I actually think when I hear the bridge was coming in La Grange was ‘Where in La Grange?’ I was coming from a funeral on [Monday] night and while I was driving, I began to look around, because I grow up in La Grange and considering the width of the road and the amount of traffic that the harbour bridge carries in the morning, I don’t think La Grange would be able to facilitate [this project] in this public road area

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2020 15:17 #385267 by ketchim
Village Belle will know IF it is feasible !

More
12 Oct 2020 15:26 #385268 by VillageBelle
Eh Eh!! my village made the news

Bai, I wasn't even in Guyana when the first bridge was built so can't say if it was good or bad for La Grange.

With the virus and the crime in Guyana, not sure if and when I will ever visit my homeland again.

I would really like to go for one last visit - by the grace of God.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ketchim

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Ketchim Shoutbox (forum)

Go to top