>

YKetchim...LOOK CLOSELY WHAT WE NEED...VILLAGE UPWARDS OWNED BANKS

More
More
1 week 22 hours ago #380810 by mapoui
IF WE GO MY WAY WE CAN DE-DOLLARIZE IN THE PROCESS..AS WE DEVELOP SELF RELIANCE IN FOOD FOR ONE THING

what an advantageous development dat wud be

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 22 hours ago #380812 by mapoui
WE USED TO HAVE POST OFFICE BANKING AS WELL.

WHILE THAT IS NOT AS GOOD AN ANSAH AS COOPERATIVE BANKING FROM THE BOTTOM UP...IT IS STILL FAR, FAR, FAR BETTER THAN HAVING BARCLAYS, ROYAL, SCOTIA, COMMERCE ETC, RIP THE WEST INDIAN PEOPLE TOTALLY OFF

SO i WUD NOT MIND IF DEH PUT BACK IN THE POST OFFICE SAVINGSS BANK

More
1 week 21 hours ago - 1 week 21 hours ago #380815 by ketchim
musse de wrong Link :

cause these are 4 jokers on this link ~
Last edit: 1 week 21 hours ago by ketchim.

More
1 week 18 hours ago #380823 by mapoui
4 jokers......

I sent you a link on the Unz Review by the economist Michael Hudson on banking. here it is again

www.unz.com/mhudson/interview-our-neo-fe...8c03caf9-1584986546-

More
1 week 18 hours ago - 1 week 18 hours ago #380824 by mapoui
Here is part of the content

Public Banking Institute Podcast

Michael Hudson: [00:00:00] There’s recognition that commercial banking has become dysfunctional and that most loans by commercial banks are either against assets – in which case the lending inflates the prices of real estate, stocks and bonds – or for corporate takeover loans.

The economy’s low-income brackets have not been helped by today’s financial system. Here in New York City, red lining and a visceral class hatred by high finance toward the poor characterized the major banks. From the very top to the bottom, they were very clear they were not going to lend to places with racial minorities like the Lower East Side. The Chase Manhattan Bank told me that the reason was explicitly ethnic, and they didn’t want to deal with poor people.

A lot of people in these neighborhoods used to have savings banks. There were 135 mutual savings banks in New York City with names like the Bowery Savings Banks, the Dime Savings Bank, the Immigrant Savings Bank. As their names show, they were specifically to serve the low-income neighborhoods. But in the 1980s the commercial banks convinced the mutual savings banks to let themselves be raided. Their capital reserves of the savings banks, was just looted by Wall Street. The depositors’ equity was stripped away (leaving their deposits, to be sure). Sheila Bair, former head of the FDIC, told me that the commercial banks’ cover story was that they were large enough to provide more capital reserves to lend for low-income neighborhoods. The reality was that instead, they simply extracted revenue from these neighborhoods. Large parts of the largest cities in America, from Chicago and New York to others, are underbanked because of the transformation of commercial banks from providers of mortgages to emptiers-out, just revenue collectors. That leaves the main recourse in these neighborhoods to pay-day lenders at usurious interest rates. These lenders have become major new customers for Wall Street bankers, not the poor who have no comparable access to credit.

Apart from the savings banks, of course, you had the post office banks. When I went to work on Wall Street in the 1960s, 3 percent of U.S. savings were in the form of post office savings. The advantage, of course, is that post offices were in every neighborhood. So you actually had either a local community banking like savings banks – not like today’s community banks, which are commercial banks, lending largely to real estate speculators to capitalize rental apartments into heavily mortgaged co-ops with much higher financial carrying charges – or you had post offices. You now have a deprivation of basic bank services in much of the economy, combined with an increasingly dysfunctional and predatory commercial banking system.
Last edit: 1 week 18 hours ago by mapoui.

More
1 week 18 hours ago #380825 by mapoui

The question is, what’s going to happen next time there’s a bank crash? Sheila Bair wrote about after the 2008 crash that the most corrupt bank was Citibank – not only corrupt, but incompetent. She had wanted to take it over. But Obama and his Secretary of the Treasury, Tim Geithner, acted as lobbyists for Citibank from the beginning, protecting it from being taken over. But imagine what would have happened if Citibank would have been become a public bank – or other banks that are about to have negative equity if there is a downturn in the stock and bond and real estate market. Imagine what will happen if they were turned into public banks. They would be able to provide the kind of credit that the commercial banking system has refused to provide – credit to blacks, Hispanics and poor people that have just been red-lined in what is becoming a financially polarized dual economy, one for the wealthy and one for everyone else.

More
1 week 18 hours ago #380826 by mapoui
here is the link from another location. if this does not work I will send it from my Mac

www.unz.com/mhudson/interview-our-neo-fe...e-verge-of-collapse/

More
1 week 17 hours ago - 1 week 17 hours ago #380827 by ketchim
Hudson fullo sh!t ! I can criticise Commercial Banks as well until the cows come home

there is NO proposal he can make that will replace it

IN spite of their share value predicated on Lender FEES ~ (which he doesn't even know )

Your Co-Op has already been tried as well and scored a big F

Bitcoin will never make it so the Central Bank will remain

I would suggest Hudson promote the old days of BARTER :

no currency required : I give you 1 goat and in return you give me your Veggies you planted :

plus a night with yuh wife : see how quick paper money will disappear along with the Jews !
Last edit: 1 week 17 hours ago by ketchim.

More
1 week 16 hours ago #380831 by mapoui

no currency required : I give you 1 goat and in return you give me your Veggies you planted :

plus a night with yuh wife : see how quick paper money will disappear along with the Jews !

I mean no disrespect but its become really hard to speak with you. I am trying to figure out where the hell you coming from

I don't see the intelligence in your commentary. I mean what yo say can be accepted as intelligent only as an attack on the people..and a defense of capitalism. is that whats going on here?

what am I to do with that post/comment or yours above..?

you are not playing the arse there..you are quite serious.

we have real problems..right there in the world, in front of us..we are in it..crisis. what the fuck do we do then..'like you say..we tried that before it doh work forget it..like cooperatives?'.

but when did the coops you speak of as failed actually fail..how did they fail..did they fail everywhere..what is the history of coops..how did they originate, when did they originate..where and why..how have they fared through all the time they have been part of the human bag of economic tools?

you just dismiss all of that..all the time! you have no answers, doh know no data and analysis. who dealt with Forbes years, took them apart and left some answers for us, so way to approach what he did and the real results. what are the lessons to be learned from those years....

you just la-blash dem years..write off Burnham and his efforts..but you cyar tell us nutten accurate about that. or wont tell us what you know....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_credit_unions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_cooperative_movement

coops are a poor mans tool in the system of economic domination by capitalists.

the capitalist do not want the poor people to have any escape from the capitalist system because that is the way they make their money...holding the people prisoner in their system. the people must have no alternative, they must not be happy, and free to develop alternatives to capitalist exploitation.

the capitalists have been beating the hell out of cooperatives ever since they were originated in the interest of the people.. and were seen as a boon to poor people and a threat to capitalism

all of this is obvious and real history... available all over the place. how in the hell come you don't know that ketchim. and if you do know then your behavior is an attack on the people's interest.

so that is it the eh..what is really going on with you..you are a capitalist and you are attacking the peoples interest every time you disparage such ideas as cooperatives..every time you open up your mout' and talk like do above

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
Go to top