>

Re: Calypso boys

• mapoui
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 May 2015 10:27 #256530 by mapoui
Replied by mapoui on topic Re: Calypso boys
riiiiight.  I did not see that!  Eddie!  Good!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2015 10:28 - 28 Oct 2019 10:34 #256531 by ketchim
Replied by ketchim on topic Re: Calypso boys
We dont wanna take away Trini titles :....poster Mail will be upset  ::LOL::

King Fighter was ranked among calypso’s legends, a title not often bestowed upon a non-Trinidadian,

especially at a time when Sparrow and Melody ruled the calypso world tightly.

He would dramatically snatch off his ever-present hat, showing his bald head, before bursting into Come Leh We Go (Sukie)

His People Will Talk also remains among the most requested vintage calypsos.

Born in Victoria Village, on the east coast of Guyana, Wilson got his name, King Fighter, because he was a boxer

known for his fancy footwork
Last edit: 28 Oct 2019 10:34 by ketchim.

More
19 May 2015 10:33 #256532 by The Captain
Replied by The Captain on topic Re: Calypso boys
how about

One sammy two sammy me guh gee you

More
19 May 2015 10:41 - 28 Oct 2019 10:37 #256533 by ketchim
Replied by ketchim on topic Re: Calypso boys

Does Guyana have any genre of music that originated there? I don't think Guyana have a nickname that relates to music.
Maybe something with the Amazon forest or something else. Don't know what they call themselves.

hahahahaha: Rowe, we cannot sing , dance nor play musical instruments  ;)

Sean Patrick Thomas

born on December 17, 1970 to Guyanese parents Carlton and Cheryl Thomas....

He originally went to the University of Virginia to study to be a lawyer.

He ultimately got his Master's degree in drama from New York University at the Tisch School of the Arts in 1995.

Thomas is best known for his role in the movie Save the Last Dance and Barbershop

Last edit: 28 Oct 2019 10:37 by ketchim.

• mapoui
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 May 2015 10:46 #256534 by mapoui
man I love this thread.  there is a spirit and a feeling about west indian life that all these people represent that is special for me that transcends my own life and all my troubles..that means the west indies to me....

its like big tall almost white Arthur W.... becoming a priest and going to Guyana to live when I was a lil bwoy and I wonder about him....

its like radio Antilles up in Montserrat that I used to get late at night in my bed..on the floor canvas dat is..on a Saturday night wen they all went out and left the radio on.  the music was great, made me dream of far places along with the name Antilles......

Names....Grantley Adams, Marryshaw, Gairy, Bradshaw, Small Island Pride, Learie Constantine, CLR James and Mintey Alley, Vere Bird, the town Charlotte Amalie, Charlie King and Uriah Butler, Marcus Garvey and Raymond Quevedo, Beginner and Kitchener, Cheddi Jagan and Forbes Burnham and trouble in BG..the fear around me the BG racial violence engendered.

a lot of people here think of Guyana as separate..including the captain :P :P but allyuh don't know what I remember even as a child of 3 and 4 years old..about the connection between BG and Trinidad just 15 minutes between them

I knew of Mittelholzer and Carew early..I heard a lot of those names early...they are apart of the west indies I knew, names to conjure with in my mind. these name and the small experience of them are all I had then..all.  they are the world.

• mapoui
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 May 2015 10:51 #256535 by mapoui
that's the man King Fighter.  doh Worry!  Mail wont mind.  Fighter fuh real.  Fighter was a star.

anyhow the musical connection between Titty and BG is strong, strong man with tons of lesser lights who made up the world the stars stood on
:D :D :D :D
:D :D :D
:D :D
:D

More
19 May 2015 10:55 #256536 by Googley
Replied by Googley on topic Re: Calypso boys
Wait till Ketchim points out the exemplary singing of one "Kakabelly" from Guyana!!    ::LOL:: ::LOL::

• mapoui
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 May 2015 10:55 #256537 by mapoui

You always speak like a true West Indian Mappippee!

check Ian McDonald above Mail.  I am not the only one.  and McDonald is white west Indian.  that should attest to the power of the west indian Idea
:D :D :D :D
:D :D :D
:D :D
:D

More
19 May 2015 11:12 #256538 by Googley
no one mentioning the Mighty Chalk Dust!!

More
19 May 2015 11:19 #256539 by Googley
missed that Mail...

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Go to top