>

Indian food served in tiffins a novelty for Toronto

More
27 Feb 2011 10:53 #25644 by chairman
Five days a week, the former marketing executive coordinates the preparation and delivery of up to 150 Indian lunches to downtown office workers.
In India, about 5,000 tiffinwallas on foot or bike deliver around 200,000 lunches a day to cubicle workers in Mumbai for a nominal fee. The delivery system is geared to housewives who want to send hot lunches to their working husbands in the congested city. readmore

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
cricketwindies.com/forum/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2011 20:23 #25658 by Kwami
What next  rickshaws in toronto?  they should just keep those stuff in brampton.

More
27 Feb 2011 20:32 #25660 by chairman
::rofl::

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
cricketwindies.com/forum/

More
27 Feb 2011 20:59 #25662 by Kwami
In berbice tiffins were called a food carrier and when I was going to primary school , this was how myself and 3 siblings took our lunch to school.
The top layer was  loaded with with some kind of curry and the other 3 with rice.

More
28 Feb 2011 16:17 #25816 by Meseret
i remember food carriers.  my cousin, who lived far away used to bring her lunch in one and she used to go into a classroom with other kids to eat, while i had to walk home.  i was soooooo jealous, went and asked my mother for a food carrier too and was shooed .. she said i lived nearby and did not need to eat in school and so did not need a food carrier .... i was disappointed  :sad:

More
28 Feb 2011 16:19 #25817 by ketchim
My Flea Market Lady calls it Tiffins  :blank:

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Go to top